By now most of you have seen the Push Back Bumper brackets that we will be using in the 2019 season, if not I have included a photo of them. The reason all sanctioning bodies are using these brackets is to clean up aggressive driving, having used this system for over a year now they work. We have seen much better action on the track from starts to the last lap.
I want to address some of the things we will be looking for in tech in regards to the brackets and mounting.
#1 They are to be used as supplied
- DO NOT - modify them by heating them and creating a dished appearance on the flat surface.
Life is what happens to you while you're planning on doing something else.
- DO NOT - ruff the flat surface.
- DO NOT - ruff the front bumper surfaces, no groves or sharp edges.
- DO NOT - over tighten the clamps, you must be able to remove and re-secure the clamps before each time you hit the track.
- DO NOT - superglue or epoxy them to the front bumper
- DO NOT - modify the nose cone, no drilling holes to relive pressure on impact, your nose cone must be as supplied, NO worn out units.
- DO NOT - think about any modifications - I have seen them all and we would hate to bounce your kart for a clear violation of this rule.
- DO - mount them to the nose cone with the ARROW pointing up.
The brackets will replace your current nose cone brackets. The cost the bracket is $25.00, please include this in your 2019 budget. They can be purchased on the TOP KART USA website or at Top Kart USA place of business.
Starting today December 3 2018 all new delivered karts will have them included.